Since we opened in 1988, volunteers have been an essential part of life at Casey House, contributing thousands of hours of service every year. Every year, more than 100 volunteers provide vital services, programs and support for our clients. Additionally, more than 200 volunteers assist Casey House with our fundraising activities and events.
Our volunteer-based programs, services, events and activities are comprehensive and unique.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Providing support to clients and assist clinical staff with regular program activities
- Accompanying residents to medical and outside hospital appointments
- Creating and maintaining our signature Casey House quilts, which feature the names of all our clients who have passed way since our inception
- Helping to plan and implement social and recreational activities for residents and clients of our community programs
- Assisting with critical in-patient functions, including gardening
- Assisting with fundraising initiatives and events
- Assisting in the Casey House Foundation with clerical support and marketing research
To become a volunteer, potential applicants must meet the minimum time commitment (4-6 months), possess the necessary skills, and agree with the mission, philosophy and policies of the agency. Casey House is committed to encouraging diversity in its volunteer program.
All volunteers participate in appropriate screening and training prior to their start and are placed in volunteer roles by our Coordinator of Volunteer Programming who best matches an opportunity with skills, availability, commitment and interest.
To become a Casey House volunteer, the first step is to attend an information session. Our next information session will take place in the fall of 2017. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 416-962-4040 ext. 2044, or
apply online to volunteer with Casey House.
Here are some additional resources on our volunteer program.
Corporate Volunteer Opportunities
For corporations looking to provide volunteer opportunities for employees at Casey House, there are many meaningful ways to participate. For more information on how your corporation could help, please contact 416-962-4040 ext. 4001
What it’s like to volunteer at Casey House? Read some of our volunteer stories here.
“Casey House is a community of acceptance. It doesn’t matter who you are, or how you’ve lived your life… you’re treated with respect as a human being. It’s a gift to be a part of that.”
Sintaa, Casey House volunteer