An Inspired Plan: Rebuilding the Heart of HIV/AIDS Care
As the face of HIV changes, Casey House is pushing the boundaries of HIV/AIDS care by embarking on a bold plan for our future. We will construct a dramatic new 50,000 square foot health care centre that will expand and improve upon our current capacity to provide our advanced and esteemed HIV/AIDS specialty health care services including our Inpatient Care Program, Home Care Program and Outreach Care Program.
Additionally, the new facility will make possible the launch of a new Day Health Program, revolutionizing the future of advanced HIV/AIDS health care in our city.
The New Day Health Program
The centrepiece of our capital expansion, the Casey House Day Health Program will provide one-stop care and treatment for all individuals affected by HIV/AIDS, from the time they are infected through to the need for end-of-life care. Through our new Day Health Program, we will double our daily capacity, bringing clinical services, community programs, and the clients who benefit from them, under one roof. It will be a cost-effective answer to unmet needs and gaps within the health care system.
- Provide excellent and compassionate health care for more than double the number of people living with HIV/AIDS that Casey House currently serves;
- The spacious, welcoming facility will house a new Day Health Program, expanding our continuum of health care services from initial diagnosis to end-of-life care;
- Meet the health care needs of frail individuals living with advanced HIV/AIDS, by working in coordinated interprofessional teams (comprised of physicians, mental health specialists, allied health professionals and complementary therapies providers) to provide convenient, comprehensive health care services under one roof;
- Offer people with HIV/AIDS greater opportunity for social interaction in a warm, light-filled and non-judgmental setting, reducing isolation and stigma and thereby improving their overall health;
- Provide meaningful insight into patient needs at the advanced stage of HIV/AIDS (an area that has to date been under-researched worldwide) by expanding our research and educational programs; and
- Help ensure that people who live with HIV/AIDS are not forgotten by creating an exciting new and prominent presence on Jarvis Street to firmly establish Casey House in the consciousness of the city.