Volunteers have been an integrated, essential part of life at Casey House since our founding in 1988. Each year, more than 100 volunteers provide vital services, programs and client support, and more than 200 volunteers assist with fundraising activities and events.
“Casey House is a community of acceptance. It doesn’t matter who you are, or how you’ve lived your life… you’re treated with respect as a human being. It’s a gift to be a part of that.”
Sintaa, Casey House volunteer
The first step to becoming a Casey House volunteer is to attend an information session. The next session will take place in the fall of 2017. For more information, contact Amanda Crawford or call 416-962-4040 ext 202
At Casey House we are proud to offer volunteer-based programs, services, events & activities that are professional, comprehensive and unique. To continue this high level of excellence, volunteers participate in appropriate screening and training prior to their start, as well as being placed by our Coordinator of Volunteer Programming into an opportunity that best matches their skills, availability, commitment and interest.
Interested in volunteering at Casey House? Our approximately 200 volunteers are an integral part of life at Casey House, contributing thousands of hours each year to:
- Provide support to residents and assist clinical staff with regular program activities;
- Accompany residents to medical & outside hospital appointments;
- Create & maintain our signature Casey House quilts, which feature the names of all our clients who have passed way since our inception;
- Help to plan & implement social & recreational activities for residents and clients of our community programs;
- Assist with critical in-patient functions, including gardening and
- Assist with fundraising initiatives and events;
- Assist in the Casey House Foundation with clerical support and marketing research.
To become a volunteer, potential applicants must meet the minimum time commitment (4-6 months), possess the necessary skills and agree with the mission, philosophy and policies of the agency.
Casey House is committed to encouraging diversity in its volunteer program.
Apply online to volunteer with Casey House
If you have other questions about volunteering at Casey House please contact us at 416-962-7600 x202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.